Optima Compact Fuse Keeps Blowing/Zone Beeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Optima Compact Intruder Alarm, its about 20 years old and has 3 PIR's hardwired.

For the past few days I noticed that none of the PIR's are working. When I opened it up I noticed that the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuses but the fuses keep on blowing. The main fuse that keeps on blowing (and gets very hot when it does) is the 1.6A fuse on the left which is highlighted in the red square.

When I do replace the fuses and then close it all up and I reset the tamper so the alarm goes into day mode what I am finding is that one of the zone chimes every time the PIR is activated, which is really strange as PIR shouldnt cause the zone to chime during day mode.

Any idea? I am totally puzzled, there hasnt been any electric work or changes recently.

Attachments

• Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 68
  • TSOPTCG4.jpg
    TSOPTCG4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
That's the bell fuse.
Possible faulty bellbox,water damaged pcb in Bell box,damaged cable ?
Disconnect bell wire from pcb,and linknout bell tamper.Does fuse blown now ?

Disconnect bell+ and strobe + and put a wiree link between T and A and see if fuse still blows.
To turn chime off, from day mode, press chime and deselect the required zone(s) and press reset.

Sponsored Links
That's the bell fuse.
Possible faulty bellbox,water damaged pcb in Bell box,damaged cable ?
Disconnect bell wire from pcb,and linknout bell tamper.Does fuse blown now ?

Looks like its fuse for the aux aswell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back