Optima G3 Compact Fuse F3 Blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The F3 fuse on my Optima 3 Compact Panel has blown 4 times in the past two months and I have not found the fault. When I replace the fuse everything works fine, and the alarm sets as it should. I have two door sensors, 3 PIR, and a PA button.
I can tell before I look at the Panel that it will have blown, because the PIRs stop showing any light. The manual says this fuse controls the Speaker 13volt supply. Does that mean speaker and 13volt?
What is the best way to trace the fault?
I am not sure where to start. It must be a short circuit somewhere, but it is intermittent.

Sponsored Links
Most likely on one of the cables feeding the pirs. If you know the way the cables to the pir's run try to check the cable, if it is run under the carpet make sure no carpet tacks are through the cable or pressing down on the carpet gripper spikes.

Hope this is of some help

Grahame

Sponsored Links
Most likely on one of the cables feeding the pirs. If you know the way the cables to the pir's run try to check the cable, if it is run under the carpet make sure no carpet tacks are through the cable or pressing down on the carpet gripper spikes.

Hope this is of some help

Grahame

I have checked all the cables that are accessible and did not find any apparent breaks or damage. Some are under the carpets but visible.

When blown the Panel still shows Day 'on' and Power 'on', but when I have tried to set the alarm zones 2 and 3 have flashed and the 'muted' internal sounder beeps double time. The pir's are off.

When replaced the sounder becomes loud and the pir's are all on.
I replaced the fuse on Thursday, and so far everything is working as it should. It looks like another waiting game.
Regards J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back