Optima XL6 Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I quick hi to everyone as I'm new.

I have an Optima XL6. Everything was working well until..... our puppy decided to chew through some cabling to one of the PIRs. :rolleyes: Rolling Eyes

I have replaced the cable run. But now none of the PIRs have power. The battery was disconnected for a few weeks. The alarm does have power and seems to work (not withstanding the PIRs). The lights showing are day (green) and Power (red).

The 2 1.6A fuses are intact.

Any idea what I should try now?

TIA

Pete

Sponsored Links
do the wires carrying the 12V supply to the PIRs have power?

normally this fault would mean the PIR supply fuse had blown but you say you have already checked all the fuses in the panel, I would make sure you check them with a meter if you have not already done so just in case they have blown in a way that is not visually obvious.

Thanks for responding.

The fuses are good.

I get a reading of around 126 mv across the PIR power out terminals. The power out to the batt seems good though.

Is this bad news then?

Pete

Sponsored Links
Ah ha

Progress

It seems that the guy who came to move the alram box back in the summer wired the PIRs into the wrong terminals. :eek: The pos leads were in a terminal marked "set" on the wrong side of the neg leads.

So I have the PIRs working again. Yay! :)

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back