OSB TG4 prices - what's the difference???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

First time builder here

I am at the stage of boarding over my 5x3 garden room / shed build

I am going to use OSB3 TG4 but there seems to be a big price difference between suppliers

Travis Perkins - my local supply is asking £33.00 per sheet

But all over other on line are asking between 13.00 and 14.00

What am I missing

I don't mind the extra cost (33 v 14) but I dont want to waste money

Sponsored Links
Assuming that "all over other on line" means other suppliers online, perhaps what you are missing is the delivery cost?

travis by default are overpriced i never use them you need a long relationship to get a decent discount with them you need a 60%+ discount to get the fair value
they work on the casual visitor being ecstatic with 25-40% discount

As above- if you are a new customer, TP charge you wayyy more than most other firms. I used to work for a cabinet maker that ordered quite a lot from them. Over the years, If he walked in to buy timber and stressed that it was use in his own home, they would give him very generous discounts- he never lied about materials for home vs work.

Sponsored Links
I used to do work for one place where they had a Travis Perkins account, they didn't get any discount, the prices were mental. Would often be double what other suppliers were, but the person/people paying the bill seemed blissfully unaware, and wouldn't take advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back