out building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My house is a victorian property and has the old out buildings that was outside toilet and storage. This building was the same for my neighbours and the deviding wall was single brick which seperated both buildings, so in effect a shared wall. They have recently knocked there's down and made it a utility room and downstairs toilet with an access door from the main house into it. The wall which was once the shared wall between ours and there's has now been replaced with a breeze block wall to building regs etc. If we decide to do the same can we use that wall as one side of our room ie we only need 3 walls to be buitl obviously to building regs etc. Hope this make sense.
Cheers Lee

Sponsored Links
I am no expert, but I am guessing that if they have moved the new wall onto their property, then it is no longer a shared wall and you would need their permission to build up to it. But surely they would have needed your permission to take it down in the first place ?. Like I say I am no expert. Hopefuly, someone who knows can give you some better advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back