Outside electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I was looking for some advice on the attached plans i have for some sockets in my garden. The red cable is installed already but was wondering if it was ok to add the green one in now to power some low voltage lights on the other side of the garden or would this be seen as two spurs coming off one socket...ie one to the first remote controlled socket and the other one being the green cable........

thanks very much
Trevor

Sponsored Links
What is the fuse rating supplying the red cable at the CU in the garage?
How is the CU in the garage supplied?
What kind of remote control system are you using?

Hi plugwash,

the circuit breaker in the CU is 32Amps and protected by an RCD. The CU in the garage is the main one for the house and the remote controlled is from Byron i think.

thanks
Trevor

The red cable is installed already but was wondering if it was ok to add the green one in now to power some low voltage lights on the other side of the garden
Not as shown.

or would this be seen as two spurs coming off one socket...ie one to the first remote controlled socket and the other one being the green cable........
They aren't spurs, as the red circuit is a radial. The problem is the size of the green cable - 2.5mm² is too small for the 32A MCB. If you use an FCU at the decking end then it will be OK.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for replies....

If i use 4mm instead of 2.5mm would this then be ok or would i still need an FCU?

thanks
Trevor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back