Outside Garden Wall Tap Dripping Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

As indicated in the title, I'm dealing with a garden wall tap that's constantly leaking or dripping water. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418-143559_Memoria.png
    Screenshot_20240418-143559_Memoria.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20240418-143532_Memoria.png
    Screenshot_20240418-143532_Memoria.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
Looks like there is a fibre washer that's failed ,in between the tap and the wall plate.
Taking the joint apart and resealing the threaded joint with PTFE tape should sort out the leak.

**Summary:**
The conversation revolves around a garden wall tap that is leaking or dripping water constantly. Terryplumb suggested that the issue might be a failed fiber washer between the tap and the wall plate and recommended taking the joint apart and resealing it with PTFE tape. The user, who only uses the tap to fill their daughter's inflatable swimming pool, asked for specific tools and materials needed for the fix or cheaper alternatives.

**Detailed Message:**

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to address the ongoing issue with the garden wall tap that's been leaking or dripping water constantly. Terryplumb provided some valuable insight into the problem, suggesting that the cause might be a failed fiber washer between the tap and the wall plate. To resolve this, Terryplumb recommended taking the joint apart and resealing it with PTFE tape.

For those of you in similar situations, like myself, who primarily use the tap for filling a child's inflatable swimming pool, it's crucial to find a cost-effective solution. Therefore, I would like to ask Terryplumb or anyone else knowledgeable in this area for specific tools and materials needed for this fix. Alternatively, if there are cheaper alternatives available, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you all for your assistance and support in resolving this issue. Your expertise is invaluable in keeping our outdoor spaces functional and enjoyable for everyone.

Best regards,

DIY89

Looks like there is a fibre washer that's failed ,in between the tap and the wall plate.
Taking the joint apart and resealing the threaded joint with PTFE tape should sort out the leak.

Seems like you may have responded to a question posed by a bot!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back