Outside stop cock seized

i cant comment on time to do it, but the supplier is responsible for the stop cock working properly...
told me a watercompany does not have to provide a streetvalve at all.
When my meter was installed they removed the stopcock altogether !!
Just a meter at the bottom of th hole , all my neighbours are the same

Sponsored Links
i cant comment on time to do it, but the supplier is responsible for the stop cock working properly...
Are you sure about that Kirk? Last time I called them for a seized streetvalve and a noticeable leak between there and the stopcock, they told me a watercompany does not have to provide a streetvalve at all.
Not that thames water has ever won any prizes for honesty, reliability of professionalism.
They could be the watercompany that holds the record for number of fines and total amount though.

Ben, my reasoning is that the supplier is the only one able to shut off the water supply feeding the individual stopcock to allow it to be changed (similar to the MCV at the gas meter) havent done anything like that for years but any time it was required west of scotland water came out and fitted the new toby valve and we connected our supply to the outlet side
Let me guess, they also made sure there is a decent pressure in stead of turning the pumps down to meat water loss targets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back