Outside tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A plumber fitted an outside tap last year.T junction from a toilet straight through the wall with the fitting pictured.I can't get a drop out of it this year,and guess I should have turned it off with the bad winter...but didn't.
Will the fault be in the tap or this fitting?
I can't even remember if the fitting in the position pictured is on or off :confused:

PS...What's the grub screw for?

Thanks in advance...

1fd6ad64.jpg

Sponsored Links
am no expert but shouldn't the black plastic thing be in line with the pipe for it to be on? It looks off to me.

Sponsored Links
Dunno!

Shut this one off again - disconnect and then try it.

If you get wet look at the tap - if not change this valve.

In any case don't forget to test the tap!

remove the phillips screw and make sure the valve head is actually turning, sometimes the plastic head moves without turning the valve

The tap probably of the type that contains the DCV. They are useless and always stick. Look at tap. is there a small hex nut towards the back?

Can't see any arrows ...sorry.But if that's to do with the flow,it was working ok for months last year.
This is the tap...

4f3ade02.jpg

it`s the valve thats knackered not the tap - the internal check valve is b`ggered by the water expanding back from the tap in the winter as it froze - Simples :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back