Outside tap

Sponsored Links
it`s the valve thats knackered not the tap - the internal check valve is b`ggered by the water expanding back from the tap in the winter as it froze - Simples :mrgreen:

I'll take your word on that and buy a new fitting...I'd be surprised if it was fitted wrong way round....50 year old time served tradesman fitted it.

Thank you all...

Sponsored Links
it`s the valve thats knackered not the tap - the internal check valve is b`ggered by the water expanding back from the tap in the winter as it froze - Simples :mrgreen:

I'll take your word on that and buy a new fitting...I'd be surprised if it was fitted wrong way round....50 year old time served tradesman fitted it.

Thank you all...
56 yr old one diagnosed it ;) - after he had one go in his last house because he left the water on over winter :oops:

The tap probably of the type that contains the DCV. They are useless and always stick. Look at tap. is there a small hex nut towards the back?

Ok, I was wrong, as evidenced by your photo.

Everyone is making assumptioons about the direction of flow.As far as i can see, the OP hasn't actually said which way it is!

Before buying aanjy bits, investigate. Use logic to ascertain fault, although it is likely to be check valve. Turn off lever valve, remove comnpression nut. A little water will be there. Turn lever on . Water should pi55 out. If it does your o's tap is faulty. If it does, turn off valve. Turn of main stopcock, remove combine d valve. Have someone observe open end and carefully turn water back on. If water floods out, then replace combined iso/check valve.

It IS possible that there is a valve upstream of the combined iso/check valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back