Oven, igniter, extractor fan witing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, just a query ive got an electrician coming round tonight to price up so work and wanted to clear up some things up before so I don't sound like an idiot to him.

Currently have 32A oven supply with a switch on the wall 10mm cable.

Now our new built in electric oven needs 16A and also need supply for gas job ignition, can these be wired into the same back plate?
Also need supply for extractor fan could this be spured of the same supply to its own 13A socket/plug it will it need to spured of the main ring?

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Probably 6mm².

Now our new built in electric oven needs 16A and also need supply for gas job ignition, can these be wired into the same back plate?
Yes, it will probably need modification for lower rated fuse for the hob.

Also need supply for extractor fan could this be spurred of the same supply to its own 13A socket/plug it will it need to spurred of the main ring?
Yes.

I think it a good idea to have all the cooking appliances controlled by the cooker switch.

Probably 6mm².

You could be right, it's protected by a 32A mcb soon to be updated to rcbo's

Yes, it will probably need modification for lower rated fuse for the hob.

What do you mean by modified?

Also need supply for extractor fan could this be spurred of the same supply to its own 13A socket/plug it will it need to spurred of the main ring?
Yes.

I think it a good idea to have all the cooking appliances controlled by the cooker switch.

Thanks for your reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back