Over Bath Shower Screen for a bath in a recess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace our shower screen but am having problems finding a replacement. The tap end (where the shower is) of the bath is slightly recessed into the wall which means the shower screen is fitted onto the side of the wall to the left of the taps rather than the wall behind the taps. I can't find any shower screens with a side fixing. Can anyone help with any suggestions

I hope this makes sense as I find it very difficult to explain the problem so have attached some photos that might clarify!

Thank you
View media item 24547 View media item 24549 View media item 24548 View media item 24555

Sponsored Links
are you sure it's not just a standard one that can swing 90deg?

i guess we need a top down profile to tell for sure

Its not a special door just a standard door that has been assembled and then fixed thru the side instead of the correct position.

The thing I'm confused about is that the current screen doesn't appear to have been adapted at all. There are no holes in the frame for attaching it to the wall where you would expect there to be if it was a standard screen i.e. it doesn't appear to have been adapted.

So do you think the only way we can replace it is by adapting a standard screen? Would that be easy for novice DIYers?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They don't always have pre-drilled holes as the fixing positions cannot be guaranteed to suit your needs.The photo is clearly of a standard screen.

A standard screen working 'back to front' would need little, if any modification.

In one position, the screen is parallel to the wall, in t'other, it's at right angles to the wall..... which position is open, and which is closed is up to you.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back