Over flow drips.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had to replace the diaphram in the cistern in our toilet. Every since we've had a drip from our overflow pip. I've tried adjusting the float inside to cistern to both it's max and min settings and have fiddled with the diaphram until the cows come home but the drip still happens. It only stops when we turn the stop cock off but when we do a wash which needs the water being on for a long time the drips turns heavier. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
2nd that,with the cost of a complete valve thes days it's not worth messing with diaphrams etc. It could be a bit of crap on the seating or maybe you have got a part for a low pressure system instead of higher mains systems?

I 3rd it :LOL: and after you've swapped it, you can take the old one apart on the kitchen table (where you have plenty of time and plenty of room). If it is easily fixed you can put it ready as a spare to swap next time.

Sponsored Links
That seems quite a comprehensive bit of advise. Thanks one and all. I'll let you know how it goes :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back