Over flowing urinal...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, doing a job in a restaurant toilet. The end urinal keeps overflowing, there is 3 in total. The problem one is furthest from the soil stack.

They all drain very slowly, i've managed to get some access to the stack and found an inspection cap. I've temporarily dried fitting a durgo vent above the height of the urinals. But to no avail. The toilets are in the basement. Do you think it could be an air issue or possibly a blockage somewhere? Maybe fat in kitchen. They said they've had the problem fofr quite a while. Which made me think it could be a bad install hence the air idea.

Ps i've just fitted 3 traps with auto air vents but still no joy. Do i need to remove the ligttled blue tab in the air vent on the new urinal traps as i cant see what this is for...no instructions!

Regards

supermario8p

Sponsored Links
I doubt it'll be an air issue, most likely blockage. Urinals are prone to blocking through scale build up, you'd be best served to dismantle the waste, give it a thorough clean and reassemble. I suspect you'll soon find the problem.....

Sponsored Links
thanks for the tips guys, just poured some one shot acid down them to see if that does the trick. its got one of those phs timed/sensor typeflush systems so im just waiting for it to flush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back