overflow from expansion tank

Sponsored Links
if your f&e is continually filling and you have hot water in it and ruled out the ball valve then your cylinder will be shot, the stored hot water will be mixing through the coil with the heating water and due to the extra heigt of the cold water storage tank it will fill the lower f&e tank and overflow.

This is the problem, the tank is never reaching the overflow pipe level (I have stood and watched it for some time), it just seems to be condensation, I have started another thread about this.

The hot water is not dirty at the taps either.

How high should the water be in the F&E tank, in mine it is about 5-7cm below the overflow pipe?

Thanks
Andrew

Fat Lady said:
This is the problem, the tank is never reaching the overflow pipe level (I have stood and watched it for some time), it just seems to be condensation,

That isn't compatible with
the expansion tank is overflowing constanly with hot water.

The level in the f/e tank should be LOW. If it's filling up, it's getting water from somewhere else. Either the float valve is leaking, or the water is getting through the HW coil from the CW storage cistern. Which is what I wrote some time ago....
Time you had another look perhaps!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, this is all getting a bit confused because I have posted in another person's thread, if you could take a look at my other thread which I have started for my issue I would be greatful. It is titled "overflow - condensation"

Thanks
Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back