OVERFLOW LEAKING AND RADIATORS MAKING SO MUCH NOISE

Please does any one know how long (how many hours) it will take to change the 3 way diverter. I understand it was installed upside down. It needs to be above the horizontal flow.....(whatever this means)

It is indeed correct practice to fit the valve so that the motor is upper most (or at least vertical), the main reason for this is so that any leakage does not enter the motor but unless you have valve problems now I wouldn't worry about it until it fails. When it does fail have it replaced correctly, this will require some fiddling with the pipe work.

Sponsored Links
they noticed that the pipe work is incorrectly piped to the 3 port valve.

I can't see where the pipe from the righthand (B) port of the valve goes to. It should be connected to the side of the cylinder at the connector approx level with the Grundos Pump.

Any chance of a photo showing the pipes to the right of the pump. No need for a close-up, it's much easier when you see the whole lot in one picture.

Three visits from Glowarm who provide our central heating system cover and installed our heating system in the first place and still no solution. The last engineer who visited simply refused to go up to the loft saying we were not cover for the expansion tank even though our policy was for the full comprehensive cover of the whole heating system. Even though we have been paying into their policy for three years and never claimed. they simply refused to fix it. We didn’t mind them not fixing it, it was the amount time my hubby and I wasted waiting for them.

Every engineer that came guessed what could be the problem did some work, left and the noise still goes on. We have cancelled our policy with glowam . It simply is not worth it and my hsuabnd has taken your advie and gone to the DIY for the tank cover. . :mad: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back