Overflow problem - can anyone help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my overflow, it seems when i switch the heating on the overflow seems to pour out (not all the time but in spirts rom the loft).

We have a gravity fed system - with the cylinder on the first floor and head tanks in the loft. I've tried changing the washers, but this has no affect, also tried altering the arm on the ball valve again with little affect. The overflow is from the cold staorage tank(s) not the feed and expansion tank.

Can anyone provide any alternatives as what could be wrong - your advice would be most appreciated. :cry:

Sponsored Links
It depends, if the f&e tank is higher than the storage tank then it could be a split coil in the cylinder, but first check would be your mixer taps. If the hot and cold in the mixer are somehow mixing together then the mains cold will force its way up the hot water pipe and back fill the storage tank.

They are the alternatives, but first replace the complete ball valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back