Problem with overflow throwing out water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with an overflow, every now and again water seems to disperse from the overflow that is in the loft space in a house.

The house has a cylinder upstairs and cold water storage tanks in the loft, the water coming out seems to coincide when the heating is turned on. Can anyone advise what this could be, the cylinder is about 14 years old and I'm wondering if the coil in the cylinder is corroded. If so is there any easy test to diagnose this.

I've tried changing the washers and re-adjusting the ball valve arm but this only delays the problem which always returns. Any advice would be most appreciated. :oops:

Sponsored Links
I'm not a plumber, but if the coil was leaking, wouldn't the tank with the overflow problem get warm? Wouldn't that be an easy test?

joe

Which tank is the overflow coming from? Watch what happens at the tanks when you switch heating on.

Chances are that you have a blocked feed and expansion pipe from CH header tank. Do a search for other threads on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back