Overflowing standpipe when two hoses squished in the top.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my standpipe overflowing. It is inside a kitchen cupboard with both the washing machine and dishwasher outlet stuffed in the top. There is very little room when both hoses are in and wondering if this is causing me problems

The standpipe is fairly short and has an s-trap before attaching to a pipe then goes the entire length of the kitchen behind all the kitchen units.

With both pipes in, we are currently seeing water come back over the top of the standpipe when using the washing machine, though it seems fine if you only have one hose put in so not sure its a blockage. Unfortunately we keep forgetting to switch the hoses back and forth, so was looking for a more permanent solution.

Before the trap, I was thinking of getting adding a tee and additional standpipe so each outlet would have there own pipe. Is this the right way to go or is there something else I should be doing?

Sponsored Links
you maybe blocking the hole to much preventing it venting when either of them drain.
fit a coupler that takes two outlets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back