Overheat problems with a Britony Combi SE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and would be very grateful for any help with the following matter....

I have a Britony Combi SE boiler and started to experience problems about a month ago. Occasionally when running a bath or shower the hot water would suddenly go and the only way to get it back again would be to reset the 'two position selector switch'. I called our local heating engineers who said that it was a common fault with this model and they replaced a main circuit board (Circuit Imprime FF 61308723). From memory I believe the 70 and 80 lights were flashing. (For the record when we successfully run hot water from the tap all the green led's now flash and we have been advised that this is normal.)

A few days later the same thing happened however this time only the 70 light was flashing. The heating engineers were called again and the 'Over heat security' sensor was replaced.

The problem happened again and 'sediment' was removed from our boiler however we are still experiencing problems.

The engineers seem as puzzled as me... has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I believe this model has an electrically driven diverter valve; scale breaking away from the man heat exchanger usually collects in there and prevents full stroke and restricts flow through so the boiler TENDS to overheat.

I suggest using a powerflusher to chemically descale the boiler, especially the main heat exchanger and the secondary heat exchanger by running hot water, then connect it to the cold water inlet to descale the DHW side of the secondary HE for good measure. A competant installer should be able to achieve all this in less than a day if your boiler is accessible :!:

Wow that was quick! Thank you meldrew's_mate, I'll pass on your suggestion.

Cheers ;)

I am wondering if you used the manufacturers service agents based in Hertfordshire or where ever?

This is not many people's idea of an ideal boiler design!

I do have sympathy with them however. Mosyt problems are caused by the flow switches and the PCbs are very fiddley to change.

Bon chance mon amie!

Tony

Sponsored Links
A system flush has been carried out as advised and we'll have to see how it goes.
Manufacturers service agents were not used, just a local company in South East London.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back