ozone smell in main switch of shower

Oh I get it now - it was a rocker not a pull-cord. :oops:

Sponsored Links
pbar said:
And you call other people pratts :D
Yes - when they're a pratt. And this time I was one. Bookmark it now because it doesn't happen often. :D

for those of you who don't know, ozone is the smell that you get from small DC motors such as those on scalextric sets and train sets, and sometimes from battery drills..

it's just oxygen, but O3, not O2..

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
pbar said:
And you call other people pratts :D
Yes - when they're a pratt. And this time I was one. Bookmark it now because it doesn't happen often. :D

That sounds like a challenge
(Quickly reaches for the Search option.....All posts by Softus.....) ;)

Sorry, its a switch, so the off and on are upside down when you read them. Shouldnt make any difference should it?

To stick my nose in, I would not be happy with the aesthetics of an upside down switch (writing upside down). A good temporary solution from a DIY point of view as the average DIYer is unlikely to have a good quality ratchet crimper up to the job of extending the cable.

I would be a bit upset that a professional would consider this an ideal solution. From a mechanical point of view, I don’t know if there are any implications (I would not imagine it's a problem). I would guess that the manufacturer designed the switch to be installed in the upright position and that the supplied instructions would support this - on the other hand they may also say it’s ok to install upside down!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back