Paint brushes and cling film

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been painting a friends house - a few hours each day. At the end of each day I wrap cling film around my brushes and they are fine to re-use the next day, I do the same with my roller - works a treat.

I bought myself a metal roller tray, at the end of the day I also wrapped it in cling film, the next day it was full of rust spots.

Is there any tips so I don't have to wash the tray out at the end of the day? Same for the paint kettle, any tips so I don't have to wash this out every day?

Sponsored Links
Sometimes when you leave paint in a paint scuttle or tray it can skin over. It is easier to wipe the paint back into its original can to be honest. If your using a steel tray the moisture generated by covering it will cause the rust spots and this can tint the emulsion if your not careful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back