Paint cracking and bubbling in my conservatory?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Around the window in my my conservatory there is a patch of paint which is cracking and bubbling??

This happened last winter but it has been re decorated since and the decorator told me that he had sorted it with some type of paint?

Any ideas what it is? I can post pics up if required?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Pictures are always helpful, but it sounds like a bit of damp to me.

Possibly your decorator put on some damp-proof paint to the affected area.

Take a look around the outside of your conservatory and see if you can notice any areas where water could be getting into the structure. Look for damp patches on the wall outside, is the window sealed properly, are the gutters blocked or leaking causing water to run down the wall, poor pointing, etc etc.

Sponsored Links
I’ve never heard of lime coming through a wall before, but my experience is limited. Is the bubbly patch limited to one spot where it’s happened twice, or has it been a different area each time?

In our old house we painted a damp patch with damp proof paint, after a while the paint began to bubble because we’d failed to fully rectify the source of the damp. Hence my previous post.

Upload your picture(s) and people may be able to help you more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back