paint for trailer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all . I would like some help on painting a catering trailer. I dont know what paint to use the paint thats on it now is flaking and would like to repaint .what type of paint should i use and where can i get it from . i need it too look nice . thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably ordinary undercoat and gloss..your main problem is the existing coating, youll have to rub that down enough so that its a solid base flor the undercoat

Then give it a good wash down to remove any grime and road film before you undercoat.

as it is going to be outside - exterior paint!!

a good boat paint like blakes or international would last and look good.
rub down as far as you can and use a decent primer/undercoat (2 coats) and then 2 coats gloss.

Sponsored Links
except perhaps on galvanised steel, I would avoid Hammerite which some people like - the rust film grows underneath it and you may not realise what has happened until flakes are pushed off. It is also very difficult to repaint.

metal preservative primers are very good these days and can be used with household paints which are very cheap and easy to apply and recoat.

You did not say what the trailer is made of, though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back