paint on a car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone has experienced this.
I got a phone call from a customer who says he has paint on his car after i finished an exterior job.says he didnt notice till he went to wash his black car and theres some fine white paint spots
I made sure he parked his car maybe 20 yards away both days and it was only brush work undercoat + gloss round his gutters /facias/drainpipes etc..... but it WAS a particularly windy day.

Question.
If he does have any fine spray on his car is there any way to clean his car up without destroying his paintwork.I was thinking T-cut but cars aint really my thing TBH

Sponsored Links
Try white spirit first..it wont affect the bodywork then wash down with hot soapy water

It happended to me with masonry paint once..it can travel quite a long way

White spirit should be fine but either way it was his car and he knew what you were doing as he employed you - so his responsibility.

thanks for the replies.

I havent been to see it yet but when i got the phone call my heart sank i must admit.
Dunno how confident Id be wiping white spirit onto a car tho.Its a year old Beemer too.

Sponsored Links
It should be ok..most car paints are acrylic these days

if you do use white spirit, give it a polish afterwards as it will take the shine off, and he'll be after you for a respray :rolleyes:

HAPPEN TO ME, WHATEVER YOU DO WONT PLEASE HIM, BUT THE Awnser IS SEE A GARAGE AND GET IT BUFFED COST ABOUT £30
and it becomes the garges problem they will get it like new better than messing for hours when you could be earning i know i wept a few tears trying to please him or buy a polishing kit and elbow grease

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back