Paint pad kits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep seeing these buying channels advertising paint pad sets...can anyone tell me if they are better than using rollers and brushes especially if like me you're no expert at painting. I find brushes leave streaks or bristles everywhere, rollers are messy.

any advice or experience of using pads?

Sponsored Links
I have never used one, ...are they any good?....well just ask a decorator, ive never met one yet who uses paint pads., remember these things are advertsed by people who are good at advertsing...and not painters.

One thing they are good for though is painting a straight line on a wall...as in apinting shapes and patterns.

Look in a lot of peoples garages, you'l find old hard paint pad sets with the edges curling in a cheap plastic tray...

Look in a lot of peoples garages, you'l find old hard paint pad sets with the edges curling in a cheap plastic tray...
Exactly the case in mine. Don't waste your money - go for rollers and brushes every time!

JD

personal preference i reckon

i prefer pads because you don't get the 'splash back' like you do from rollers... but saying that i don't think you get quite as good a finish.

on another point - i got some el-cheapO pads from wickes - they did the job but fell apart after a wall or two so i went out and got an expensive pad... which wiped more paint off than it put on...... i'm now back to cheapO pads.... just shows you can never tell.

Sponsored Links
I'd definitely go for rollers and brushes. Have tried using pads but they're much harder work and don't give you a better finish. I can't see any advantages to them at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back