paint pads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just bought our first house and although the walls are in excellent condition we do need to paint them.

At the moment we are considering using paint pads as they are suposed to be a quick easy non messy way to paint and with the pole attachments they will be great for painting abouve the stairs.

what i want to know is how good are they really has anyone any expirence of using them good or bad?

Sponsored Links
i cant see why anyone would choose a pad over a roller,personally i think they are a waste of time and are too messy,and the finish isnt that great

the thing that puts me off roller is that ive heard they can be messy and you often get spattles of paint everywhere.

I have never used pads, but How would the cutting in work?, if you need to cut in on the walls a different colour from the ceiling especially something as high and tricky as the stairs.

You will get some splashes from a roller, but if you use a good quality roller, and dont roll too fast, then it would cut down on the splashes.

If your worried about the splashes on the skirtings, then wipe the skirtings with a wet cloth before you start to roll, then roll the one wall/area, then wipe skirtiing, any spots of paint will come off easypeasy. :D

Sponsored Links
I've uses paint pads a couple of times and found them really easy to use with not half the mess of a roller. The finish was good, though best on a slightly textured wallpaper if I remember rightly (not so good on a smooth wall). Cutting in is best done with a brush though, but the little pads you get for doing corners are quite handy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back