paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive recently decorated my front room with dulux walls and celling matt but have a 1 yr old who has put dirty finger prints all over it when i wiped it off it took paint off any ideas of the best paint i can use that will not do this please

Sponsored Links
The problem could be that you may have painted over a silk paint with matt but is more likely to be the fact that you are trying to clean matt, as in general, this type of emulsion is not suitable for wiping or washing. Although there are some on the market which claim to be 'wipeable', in my experience these always seem to leave marks or smudges if you ever do wipe them.

Traditionally a vinyl silk paint is hardier when it comes to cleaning and in some cases can even be scrubbed, with care. The problem with silk is that it does not 'hide' surface imperfections as well nor give such a nice finish as matt. Many people do not like the sheen that it gives.

You can try an eggshell finish for walls which will stand up to a lot more, but this can be tricky to apply if you are not used to using it and also has a bit of a sheen.

Dulux et all do scrubbale matt finishes but if you do need to scrube them with webrax they do tend to shine...

Never-the-less it might be worth the extra-cost.

If you do go for waterbsed eggshell buy some Floetrol to help maintain a wet edge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back