Painting Daughters Bedroom White

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi All
i just stripped the wall paper off and redecorating my 13 year old daughters bedroom and she wants to paint the room white.
my concern is it might be too bright but am not an expect here...just your ordinary one off diy guy.

can anyone suggest a shade of white/gloss/matt etc suitable for bedroom please? i rather not mix colors myself so it should be ready to go on the wall.

also,wall paper came off quite easily but am concerned there might be some glue on the wall. am using sand paper to remove some of the glue and smooth the wall before painting.
is there anything i should look out for ? any advice is very welcome.

what will be the consequescies of painting over glue, as long as its smoothed with sand paper.

thank you

Sponsored Links
White rooms gain their individuality when colour is added through bedding, lamp shades, rugs, curtains, etc. Brilliant white can be brilliant and cheaper too. She might need sunglasses though! Matt finish will be softer on the eye. Milk white (Crown) is a softer white. There is a matching gloss but with a blank canvas your daughter may have another favourite colour for the woodwork? It's time she had her own brushes to see how it works alongside you. Test a small area where the glue is to see how it reacts/looks. Wallpaper paste should not be a problem. Glue is much thicker. If it's coarse and frequent on the surface then wallpaper lining might be necessary to give the wall and paint a smooth finish. Enjoy.

Sponsored Links
Congratulations on a very successful outcome for you both and a lot of effort over the weekend from you too. Hope the information made the job easier for you. It always means a lot to see children having their dreams come true. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back