painting metal

Sponsored Links
:eek: Bitchomastic. :eek: Not a job for Hammerite :LOL:
Site thinks i'm swearing lol Bitchumastic is what we used once.
B itchumastic lol have to write it like this.

have fun

alarman said:
sorry mate you've lost me there, is there any advice amongst that lot. :confused:
Hi. My pc went mental last night so gave up :rolleyes:

I reckon (looking at state of containers) you want 'Bitumastic paint' Used to use it on gas holders/ fire escapes, oil tanks etc. Not used it for years but jobs like your pic, we used to just scrape off any loose, wirebrush any rusty bits (if someone was lookin, ;) ) wipe over with rags soaked in white spirit, Maybe prime rust with red oxide primer, and wack on one heavy coat of Bitu. Think they still do colours, but black was the favourite. The problem with bitumen of course is you can't use normal solvent paint over it, so carefull what objects you paint with it. I.E dont paint a garage door with it. Tho i'm sure you wouldn't ;) Should be available at brewers, hurst , Builders merchants etc.
Good luck.

Sponsored Links
I do know that you can buy green and white b itchey...and obvioulsy black containers dont normally require a pukka finish so b itchey will do.....only concern being the time of year.....it does have a habit of going flat in the winter.....or prepare as CC said and then leave them in oil based undercoat..it might be cheaper to

Good luck and rather you than me mate..lol

note to mods....its a good job there isnt a forum on this site for dog owners isnt it!!

Ive of of net nannying but to exclude the word b i it c h e y or b i t c h is ridiculous.....we are all grown up here.......come on :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back