Painting newly laid lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having some work done (by a pro) which involves having a section of lining paper removed for purpose to repair some blown plaster work.

Once the pro has re-lined the area, I wanted to repaint the room myself.

I am not sure if I will be able to get away with just applying one coat of paint but have a question please as regards painting the newly laid lining paper.

Can I mist this section (of newly laid lining paper) with the same colour as I am going to use for the room, if you see what I mean.

For clarity, I will be painting the room in the same colour with Dulux vinyl sheen and was thinking of using the matt version of the same colour paint to mist (cutting it by 30% or so).

Any info much appreciated

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If I have read this right your concern here is can you use a coloured matt to mist as opposed to a white, if I'm right then the answer is yes.

Dec

You don't need to mist it. If you use a trade emulsion it helps to thin it down a bit to aid flow but off the shelf just put a full coat straight on

TheDec said:
If I have read this right your concern here is can you use a coloured matt to mist as opposed to a white, if I'm right then the answer is yes.
You are correct, yes. Many thanks for the confirming that this is ok.

dcdec said
You don't need to mist it. If you use a trade emulsion it helps to thin it down a bit to aid flow but off the shelf just put a full coat straight on
Many thanks.

Which one of those methods is more likely to be successful if I wanted to paint the room once ie will the newly laid lining paper which I will paint 'blend in', if you see what I mean.

I know that perhaps I should do two coats but trying to get away with one only if possible but don't want the room to look odd.

Apologies for asking silly question.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back