Painting (not singing) in the rain!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

When your painting outside with gloss i,e a front door, how long is the minimum amount of time you need to keep rain off the paintwork? Im glossing the front door in dulux trade high gloss black, How long should i leave it before shutting the door and possibly allowing rain to splatter on the paintwork? Ive waited till summer but this weather is causing me real trouble!

Andy

Sponsored Links
You really need to wait for decent weather...the door may be touch dry but may still stick a bit when its shut and the paint will rip off when its opened again.

How long should it be left before you shut the door? I will have a reasonable air flow front and back door open. prob be around 18 degrees today.

Andy

How long should it be left before you shut the door? I will have a reasonable air flow front and back door open. prob be around 18 degrees today.

Andy

What 9 in the morning and 9 in the afternoon?..poxy weather!

In decent warm weather id say a long day..as long as possible, if you have a chain then put it on and leave it til you go to bed.

You can try rubbing vaseline around the door frame where it touches the paint when it closed..that sometimes works

Sponsored Links
I discovered to my detriment that if it rains 7 hours after you gloss your front door, it gets all rippled water mark runs on it............... :cry: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back