Painting wood work up to carpeting tip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D Hello, i am new to the forum and this week discovered a trick that worked great for painting my stairway woodwork without removing the stair carpet. Hope it isn't already well known or I will look a plonker. I used 2 inch brown parcel tape to mask the carpets. I put the tape in place on the carpet going about 1/4 inch up the wood work avoiding pressing it back to stick to the woodwork. I then used a bluntish knife to push it down between the edge of the carpet and the woodwork. It was a doddle, I could easily get to all the woodwork surface to paint and then I let my water base gloss dry, a quick go round with a blunt knife incase paint had stuck to the tape then peeled it up in no time look perfect. The 2 inch tape was wide enough if i got a bit clumsy with the brush, on some of it I used a small piece of hardboard just overlapping the tape to stand my paint tin on. One roll did the entire staircase, dead cheap too. Hope this helps someone wanting to avoid removing carpets for a quick bit of repainting[/b]

Sponsored Links
We've been using masking tape to cover carpets for years. Parcel tape can pull off what you stick it to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back