Panelling an iron gate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have double iron gates that I want to panel for privacy and to deter my two dogs from barking at and scaring other dogs to death when they walk by.

Replacing the actual gate isn't an option but I have permission to panel it (I rent).

I've looked at some WBP plywood sheets ranging in thickness (6mm - 18mm) and available in 'hardwood' and 'softwood' - might seem obvious but I dont know what the difference might be between those. I have someone who will be able to do the cutting but I will need to do the 'fixing' and get all the materials. I will still need to use the gates which is why I need to panel each gate separately. I am looking for a solution that is low cost, lightweight, secure, suitable for the outdoor elements and doesn't look ugly (ie can be painted).

Do any members have any advice on the material I should use and the most secure way to attach them once the panels are cut to shape. And any other tips also very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back