Panic Buying

J

Johnmelad502

I live in a village between Cockermouth and Egremont in Cumbria, our village and others around us have been unaffected by the floods (thankfully).

On the way home this evening I stopped off at one of our local Conner shops to buy; bread, milk and a few other things. There was no bread or milk in stock.

Went to the next shop, same thing, so asked the shopkeeper why.

Was told that people had been panic buying! Why do people do this? All major routes into this part of West Cumbria are open and unaffected by the floods.

Blood-y morons :evil:

Sponsored Links
From the villages affected, or are they miles away? I know what you're saying, most people will be buying like morons, but if their homes are flooded then surely their local shops are too.

That and I never read your post properly too :oops:

Sponsored Links
Locals living in the village (unaffected by the floods) are clearing the shelves of essential items for no good reason.

Then when people from those areas affected by the floods search for supplies in outlying areas such as my village, there are no essential supplies for them.

Makes me mad. :evil:

Then when people from those areas affected by the floods search for supplies in outlying areas such as my village, there are no essential supplies for them.

Watch your back. It's only a matter of time until the first report of cannibalism.... :evil:

Never mind your back ...watch your buttocks ...the most meaty, allegedly :mad:

I always panic when the wifes out buying :(

The wife had her credit card stolen about 9 months ago. Have not yet reported it missing as whoever has it is spending less than a quarter of what the wife would have spent over the same period. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back