Paper round window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I wallpaper a round or bullseye window. Have just built an extension and the round window has caused nothing but problems but am now faced with the job of papering the window and the recess any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Often, with this type of situation, if the paper is patterned and coloured, the recess will end up being painted in a similar/complimentary colour to the paper and just the facing wall will be papered. Trying to paper around curved corners is impossible without having some sort of join at the edge and a pattern that is completely out of line. Plain/paintable papers are more forgiving and can be cut/spliced so that joins are not so noticeable.

If you really want to paper the recess with patterned paper, then you could use a very narrow plastic corner strip which can be moulded to shape by applying some heat and stuck with a small amount of grab adesive. ( I can't find a link for you but they used to sell it in DIY stores - it's L shaped with one edge about 5mm and the other 10mm.) This will sit on top of the paper, covering the join on the corner, to give a neat solid edge. If doing this, and depending on the pattern, it might be necessary to cut two strips for inside the recess which meet at top and bottom dead centre.

Hope you can make sense of what I mean! :confused: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back