PAPERWORK FOR A NEW GAS FIRE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a replacement real flame gas fire fitted last November. The installer was Corgi registered but I never received any paperwork or certificates. Is this correct and should I chase up the installer to get any required certificates. I've read that I mean need a certificate of compliance.

Sponsored Links
Your installer should have notified CORGI by the Gas Work Notification Scheme. CORGI then send you a suitable certificate. Best chase him up.

All new gas appliances have to be registered with CORGI within 20 days of the work completing. Are you sure he was corgi reg and registered to fit gas fires :eek:

gas4you said:
All new gas appliances have to be registered with CORGI within 20 days of the work completing. Are you sure he was corgi reg and registered to fit gas fires :eek:

bet he was a fat bloke who also lectures in sparks ;)

(he was on house of horrors a week or two ago)

:)

sometimes CORGI take ages to send it. Give em a call

Sponsored Links
not all corgi reg installers agree with the GWN (corgi tax) and pay up like lemons saying that he should of filled out the guarantee and such, but it not uncommon for installers not too do paper work

mehran said:
not all corgi reg installers agree with the GWN (corgi tax) and pay up like lemons saying that he should of filled out the guarantee and such, but it not uncommon for installers not too do paper work

thats as mebbe but they risk their registration

I checked he was Corgi registered and he still has a valid Corgi registration number so it seems strange. I didn't realise until recently that I was supposed to receive any form of certificate for a replacement gas fire. Will it be possible to get a certificate back dated? Also will I need a building control compliance certifcate or will a gas safety certificate be sufficient.

davphi338 said:
I checked he was Corgi registered and he still has a valid Corgi registration number so it seems strange. I didn't realise until recently that I was supposed to receive any form of certificate for a replacement gas fire. Will it be possible to get a certificate back dated? Also will I need a building control compliance certifcate or will a gas safety certificate be sufficient.

the building control thing is not nescessary as all RGI's are competant to self certify

call him and ask him, CORGI are usually very good if the forgot to register summink

not that I have ever

:oops:

never have and never will gwn,have told corgi this and am still registered.corgi cannot afford to alienate the gas installers any more due to the possible backlash[read lack of mugs=no pension] :LOL: always leave a invoice or cp1/cp12 whatever the customers preference,it is the homeowners responsibility to inform bc not mine.:cool:

corgiman said:
mehran said:

thats as mebbe but they risk their registration

i not heard of anyone yet been de-reg'ed for purely non-GWN(yet)

no paper work does not straight away = cowboy btw

Never known corgi to take more than 2/3 weeks to send certificate on all of my jobs, in fact they have surprised me how quick they are :eek:

You say you have checked he is corgi, but as I previously said have you checked he is registered to fit fires :rolleyes:

When I do a search for an installer on the Corgi site for an installer for gas fires it comes up with his name so I presume that means he is qualified for gas fire installations.

I'll give him a call tomorrow!!

davphi338 said:
When I do a search for an installer on the Corgi site for an installer for gas fires it comes up with his name so I presume that means he is qualified for gas fire installations.

I'll give him a call tomorrow!!

He sounds legit

bet he just forgot

Don't understand these fitters who just forget! Now then, what was I doing :?: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back