Paperwork required for new boier installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorting out my landlords certificate today reminded me of another problem.

When I moved into my current place last year, I had a new CH system fitted (Potterton Suprima HE boiler). I did not have much knowledge of the Part P requirements at the time.

I understand that I am supposed to have received a notification from CORGI when the boiler has been commissioned. I never got one, and now the fitter has retired abroad.

Could anyone let me know what I need to get in line with the regulations?

Sponsored Links
I have just posted a similar thread, have a look at the reply to my post

As of sept 2005 all boilers (and any other gas appliances within the benchmark scheme) should be notified by the installer/commisioning engineer direct to corgi.
Corgi will then issue the homeowner a certificate of conformity which is a nice blue certificate which is designed to go into the housebuyer pack.
As fas as i understand it installers that have there acs and boiler element can install boilers and it is then fine for another engineer to commision there installations as the equipment to fully fill out the benchmark documents is quite expensive and some of my installers just wouldnt get the hang of a combustion analyser.
It is worth noting that if you get your boiler fitted by some corgi guy at the weekend for cash you wont get any of this paperwork and the individual is actually breaking the law as in most cases the corgi membership is only valid when the operative is working for the named business that holds the company membership. Obviously this doesnt apply if the guy is a sole trader and registered in his/her own right.

Sponsored Links
"""As fas as i understand it installers that have there acs and boiler element can install boilers"""

The installer MUST be registered with CORGI !!!

Another CORGI can then commission it if he wishes.

The installer should notify CORGI but the commissioning one might do so if he is sure he has the correct details of the installer.

Its VERY unwise of anyone to just commission and then notify CORGI because not only is that against CORGI rules but he would be responsible for any latent installation errors.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back