Parents held liable for son's crime

As a general comment, regarding knives etc.

The equivalent in the U.K. is gross negligence manslaughter. On top of that parents / guardians do have specific duties of care towards their children.

I don’t think this would get very far in the U.K regarding knives etc or even a legally owned fire arm. The elements which must be proven :

In order to prove the offence, the prosecution must therefore establish the following elements:

a) The defendant owed a duty of care to the deceased;

b) By a negligent act or omission the defendant was in breach of the duty which he owed to the deceased;

c) The negligent act or omission was a cause of the death; and

d) The negligence, which was a cause of the death, amounts to gross negligence and is therefore a crime;

I think it would fail on A and C.

Sponsored Links
They were criminally negligent, and their negligence led to deaths.

What point are you trying to make?

The only reason for a knife to exist is to cut something or someone.
Try to understand, you can do it ;)
Ok, try to get your 3 neurons to connect.
One would buy a knife to do several legal things, for example peel potatoes or cutting a steak.
One cannot use a gun to do anything else rather than put a hole in something or someone.
Personally I have never seen an electrician making holes in joists by shooting a gun, have you?
Knives are found in every kitchen on this planet (maybe not on yours), guns serve no purpose to a child any twisted way you turn it.
Have you now finished arguing the obvious?
Oh, hang on, you probably need proof of what I wrote above.
The proof can be found very easily: google "common sense" and a new world will open before your eyes.

Let's face it, no matter how they try to spin it, the USAs ingrained widespread desire for guns into the present day can never result in anything sustainably positive. When you think about scenarios here in the UK when tensions rise, thank goodness guns in the high majority of cases aren't involved.

And before anyone feels the need to state it, yes I am aware of the USAs history when it comes to firearms, the right to bear arms etc. I'm simply stating we need to be thankful our history doesn't reflect theirs.

Sponsored Links
The decision sets a precedent for gun store owners across the country who sell firearms, negligence is negligence whether the purchaser is under age or not. But America seems to have a law for everything where there is the will to use them, and punishments that go with it.

It's legal for children to own rifles and shotguns in 30 states, but not, it seems under federal law, handguns.

So they were tried under the law in their own country. Obviously.

So what is the point you wanted to make.

Sponsored Links
Back