Parkinson tonight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I getting old?

You get the likes of Jonathan Ross, Kumars at 42 etc, who have guests on but then still try to make the laughs or main focus to be all about themselves.

Parky tonight had Bob Geldof and Bruce Willis, got them talking together and extracted some excellent, deep-reaching and thought-provoking television. With some hilarious moments thrown into the mix as well.

Also a couple of great live music performances from Geldof. All in all, better than the rest of the sh*te on telly, in my opinion at least.

Sponsored Links
You're right. Producers seem to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. In an attempt to make chat shows more interesting, they have forgotten why most people watch chat shows. To hear what the GUESTS have to say.

Just imagine if Jonathon Ross had discovered Billy Connolly. I doubt he'd have even invited him onto the show.

And where have all the variety shows gone?

Just imagine if Jonathon Ross had discovered Billy Connolly

Well, he wouldn't be able to pronounce the name for a start... Biwwy Cowwowwy? :eek:

AdamW said:
And where have all the variety shows gone?

Just imagine if Jonathon Ross had discovered Billy Connolly

Well, he wouldn't be able to pronounce the name for a start... Biwwy Cowwowwy? :eek:

the show was absolutly magic tonight bob geldof was amazing and natural
and billy connoly is one of my heroes :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I guess the finite number of shows providing good tv are spreading thinner and thinner.
10 yrs at least of licenced Beeb .. wait and see what happens if the fee goes, money grubbing becomes all ... 20 min adverts and 10 min of dubious prog...
Be interesting to see what the result of ITV moving away from 'public broadcasting' commitments will do for them ... I thought they and Ch4 were catching the Beeb in the area .. We shall see - hopefully ! ;)

pipme said:
I guess the finite number of shows providing good tv are spreading thinner and thinner.
10 yrs at least of licenced Beeb .. wait and see what happens if the fee goes, money grubbing becomes all ... 20 min adverts and 10 min of dubious prog...
Be interesting to see what the result of ITV moving away from 'public broadcasting' commitments will do for them ... I thought they and Ch4 were catching the Beeb in the area .. We shall see - hopefully ! ;)
Although the Beeb has had to tighten up financially from the monster it used to be there is still plenty of money to make decent progs, trouble is there are no talented, artistic people left there now they have moved on and the lack of ideas shows dramatically.

I find ITV's programming on Saturday evenings the pits. You've been framed, Stars in their eyes, Millionaire. Does any one still watch this cr*p. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of it myself, talk about done to death. :evil:

kendor said:
Sir Geldof's rubbish if you don't mind ;)

No no no, a common misconception. Bobby G holds the KBE, which is an honour for those who are not subjects of the Queen (he is from Eire, not NI). He is a Knight of The Most Excellent Order Of The British Empire, but despite being a Knighthood the KBE does not come with the title of "Sir".

However, if he became a British subject then he would become Sir Bob.

Until then, he is plain old Bob Geldof, KBE. :D

well he deserves the honour more than most with the hereditary title of sir :D :D

nstreet said:
I find ITV's programming on Saturday evenings the pits. You've been framed, Stars in their eyes, Millionaire. Does any one still watch this cr*p. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of it myself, talk about done to death. :evil:

swy we have pooters ;)

AdamW said:
kendor said:
Sir Geldof's rubbish if you don't mind ;)

No no no, a common misconception. Bobby G holds the KBE, which is an honour for those who are not subjects of the Queen (he is from Eire, not NI). He is a Knight of The Most Excellent Order Of The British Empire, but despite being a Knighthood the KBE does not come with the title of "Sir".

However, if he became a British subject then he would become Sir Bob.

Until then, he is plain old Bob Geldof, KBE. :D
I did know that Adam, Hence the wink at the end :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back