Part-arm banner text not sticking

The profile you sent me looks like you have been having fair old play with things as its a fair way from the default settings, certainly looks different to what is posted on the forum

in global options system config.

34 en50131 is off
as is
53 pd6662

so start with having these turned on (ticked in wintex and send page) and ensure option 37 say grade 2 in the panel (unticked in wintex and send page.

receive a new profile and include the event log, save and export these and send them across if the part arm banner isnt staying put.

I will then look at flashing a panel back to 5.X (please press menu 4 on the keypad to get exact firmware, take picture and send that).

This will make sure I am replicating what you have.

Personally think you would be better off, deleting your wireless devices off the panel, defaulting the panel and starting again, looking at specifically what you want the panel/ system to do.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
SUCCESS!

Finally figured out how to get part-set banner to stick.

With both EN and PD options disabled and panel grade 2, I had to change global options 36 to Keypad global (was previously set to keypad local) and also hide keypad areas (otherwise display alternates between part-set banner and Area A every second which can't be good for the life of the display).

I'd never changed option 36 before so local must have been it's default setting??

Anyway, thanks guys for your help and suggestions. Much appreciated!

Attachments

• 20240311_012731.jpg
    20240311_012731.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20240311_012652_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_012652_Word.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 19
The default value on the panel is global or should be.

You may have changed it without knowing, the only way you would confirm the default settings of the panel version and language set you have in use is to default to factory.

Like I said your profile posted on the forum didn’t match what you sent me.

If you open two instances of wintex you can compare profiles between a new profile nothing changed to the active profile of the panel and you can see all the changes.

I have a panel sat with pd6662 on en150131 on grade 2 and global on and display the alternate messages

Sponsored Links
I have circled all the options that have been changed from there default values according to Wintex when comparing a new Version 5 profile to the profile you supplied me.

This is different to what you posted in that some options are on and some are off.

It becomes very difficult for anyone offering help on the forum if the configuration posted is different from that which is actually in use.

As mentioned sometimes between firmware variations somethings are different sometimes intentionally and some times not, sometimes in different languages some functions may behave differently intentionally or not.

Some options will play a role in how other options work.

You will see that the default values are on an elite 12 v6.02 (panel being tested). However the default values were also checked against a 64W V5 new profile and are the same.

I noticed other areas of concern in the programming that you might want to look at if your niot getting the desired results.

Attachments

• changed.png
    changed.png
    303.8 KB · Views: 19
  • default.png
    default.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 21
I'm keeping EN & PD both off as on a bells only domestic system I'm not sure they're necessary. It's working like I want it to now so as the old saying goes, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Only thing left to sort is figuring out how to wire a 2 wire internal sounder into the keypad but that's on another thread I started yesterday.

Looking at your last post, I'm not sure why some of my settings differ from default (hmm)..

I think what may have happened is that somewhere along the line, I've made changes in Wintex and not sent them to the panel. Or, made a change at the keypad and forgot to receive data in Wintex. That probably explains why the config pics I posted differ from the profile I sent you. I apologise for that.

Anyhow, I really do appreciate your help and advice on this. I'm going to change the settings back to default that are different but shouldn't be (eg. Bell on arm fail).

At least I now know why my banner text wasn't sticking. I've learnt a few things in getting to the bottom of this (thanks again to you).

It’s important that you stick to the default options other than to achieve specific outcomes.

As its bells only the standards don’t have to be adhered to but makes sense to stick to those standards as much as possible.

It’s important that you stick to the default options other than to achieve specific outcomes.

As its bells only the standards don’t have to be adhered to but makes sense to stick to those standards as much as possible.
I've just put everything back to default including EN & PD and the system is working like a champ. Part arm banner behaviour as required!

Only setting I've kept changed is "show armed areas" option 4 changed to hide. This is because I don't want the display flicking between the part-armed banner and showing "area A armed". Can't be good for the display to be flipping like that every second for hours at a time.

Lesson learned..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back