Part P organisations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who do you thinks is the best Part P organisation to go with, im concerned that customers are brain washed about NICEIC being the only organisation you should be using??

I am thinking of going with one of the others and also registering with check a trade to help to convince potential customers that i am genuine and qualified etc.

Thought please??

Sponsored Links
I would prefer to go with them myself or possibly napit my concern though is regarding the publics perception that any electrical work should be done by a niceic registered contractor how do you find this?

Sponsored Links
the publics perception that any electrical work should be done by a niceic registered contractor how do you find this?

Most of my customers are domestic.
The majority haven't even heard of part P or any of the schemes.
Of the few that have, they just want the completion certificate.

For commercial/industrial work it is likely that the NICEIC have a much greater awareness.

I'll second flameport's statement.

Only ever had one customer ask about NICEIC membership, they were soon satisfied that ELECSA was just as good for Part P compliance purposes.

Some people have heard of ELECSA, more and more recently, all the sparks I know are registered with them or soon to be transfering to them.

Slipped in the ECA ownership bit too and how they are twice as old as NICEIC!

My customers are a mix of commercial and domestic, I could probably live without the domestic side the way things have been heading over the past 3 months but its sure got me out of some scrapes when the commercial/industrial side has gone dead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back