part p register

WHY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A member of my family had some work done while i was away,they have asked me to find out if he was part p regested.Should he of left a member ship number?can you do work if you ve got the part p ticket but don t regester with say n.i.c.i.e?can u as the college they got there part p ticket?please help think they ve been cowboyed!!

Sponsored Links
Not the best phrased or punctuated question around to answer but here goes.

Part P registered persons are listed on the competent person website.

No need to leave membership number - customers can check membership via website.

You can register with any of th efive Part P scheme providers - NICEIC is just one of them - they like to think they are the best.

Don't understand the rest.

The electrician can also notify the intention to do this work with the Council (if it is notifiable work) and paid a fee without having to be a memebr of one of the scheme operators.

There is no such thing as a Part P ticket - please read the Wiki.

if you are not a member of a Part P Competent Persons Scheme then you cannot self certify compliance with the buliding regs. Period.

To become a member of such a scheme, you have to meet the requirements of the scheme provider. These vary. There are some specific courses you can do, such as a Domestic Installer Qualification, that will meet some of the requriements of some of these scheme providers. They are NOT called Part P Tickets!

None of this is complex. it's just a matter or reading the information provided on their websites.

Sponsored Links
The electrician can also notify the intention to do this work with the Council (if it is notifiable work) and paid a fee without having to be a memebr of one of the scheme operators.

Not forgetting that is some cases this can be £300! And just ot be clear, in this case the LABC will have to visit to inspect and test. They then issue the certiicate, not the electrician.

in this case the LABC will have to visit to inspect and test. They then issue the certiicate, not the electrician.

Not necessarily, if installation is carried out by a qualified electrician he/she issues EIC in compliance with BS7671, LABC will inspect and issue a building regs compliance cert.

That's what my LABC did whilst I was waiting to get registered with a PP scheme

in this case the LABC will have to visit to inspect and test. They then issue the certiicate, not the electrician.

Not necessarily, if installation is carried out by a qualified electrician he/she issues EIC in compliance with BS7671, LABC will inspect and issue a building regs compliance cert.

That's what my LABC did whilst I was waiting to get registered with a PP scheme

Yes, I meant "They then issue the building regs compliance certificate, not the electrician" who, as you say issues, the EIC/MWC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back