Part P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
In my experiences, no true expert on any matter has ever directly identified themselves as such as it is not their own opinion on this that counts.

I am also reminded of a comment made by a very successful friend of mine about "experts".
An "ex" is a has been and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

It just about sums up my feelings of so-called experts. In my opinion there are people who have the knowledge and/or experience and there are people who don't, experts are something completely different.

Part P Wizard said:
OK then ask me a question? I have not being doing the spell check hence the reason for my spelling errors.
Sorry, the reason for the spelling errors is that you are not able to spell.
Let me repeat a request for information from an earlier post:
"Please explain your background and why the Deputy Prime Minister has commissioned you to undertake this research."
Your unsubstantiated claims to be "an expert", and your expectation that people will be convinced of your expertise by your claims to have read everything are seriously limiting your credibility. I rather suspect you have blown away any chances of getting useful feedback as a result.
This is a shame, because if you were indeed an earnest searcher for information on Part P and its impact on the trade and the DIY world, this is one of the best sources available.
For the interest of other readers: if ODPM was actively seeking views on this subject, this is not how they would go about it.

Part P Wizard said:
I dont need to know about foreign electrics. Uk only
So you don't think that the experiences of other countries are of interest? Electricity is the same the world over - voltages (and therefore current) vary, as does frequency, but as ye cannae change the laws of physics, the risks and need for safety are the same everywhere.

To say that you don't need to know about foreign electrics just shows what a complete idiot you are, and how little validity your "dissertation" will have

I am an expert because i have followed Part P's development from early last year and by reading all there is to know on Part P including paragraph by paragraph from the Part P document.
Must have taken ages, what with having to follow each line with your finger, and move your lips.

I can claim to be an expert including because i am writing a dissertation on it. It will include your dubious comments
Claim what you like - it won't make it true. The attitude displayed by your refusal to consider what other countries have done shows that you are anything but an "expert".

Sponsored Links
I'm no electrician and i'm no expert on part p unlike some (some more than others, especially those who have demonstrated it!) PPW i have to say having read your postings i have my doubts as to your validity. Can you do me the courtesy of answering the following, and then i will gladly give you my opinions, since this legislation has a large impact on my business.

1:- who exactly are you writing the disertation for and why eg university etc
2:- what qualifications have you or are you studying in this field?
3:- what form is the dissertation taking eg length, other source material, other research covered etc.
4:-what other bodies have you contacted to research this?
5:-what viewpoint is this being written from ie leagl point of view, trade point of view, students point of view etc?

Any person carrying out a piece of research such as this would only be too glad and courteous to give such information, since they are using the valuable time of others to meet their own ends. Please don't repeat that youve read loads of stuff and have got a big box full of it, can you give some specifics please.

Thermo

i personally get the strong feeling this whole thing is a windup.

somehow he reminds me of CPW and his mates/sock puppets but the resemblence isn't striking enough for me to say its definately the same guy.

Funny - I was just wondering if it was he, but from memory his spelling isn't that bad.

PPW - in case you're still around, and are wondering why your reception has been so hostile, the answer is simple.

Your story is bogus - I can quite believe that you are writing something, and when it's finished you can of course send it to the ODPM, and the "Head of Building Regs in London", or whoever you like, but you are clearly not an expert, you are clearly not someone whose remit often includes "dissertations", and you are clearly not interested in proper research and a balanced report.

When you come here, telling lies, purporting to be something you are not and trying to conceal some vested interest or pre-formed point of view, people are going to get the hump.

Now you can **** off.

The wizard may be genuine and doing a PhD. There are people who go to uni and get a degree followed by a short time in employment. They really can't cope with the real world so go back to uni to do a worthless PhD. The wizard may intend sending his stuff to the ODPM but it doesn't mean it was asked for, will be read or acted upon.

The wizard may be genuine and doing a PhD. There are people who go to uni and get a degree followed by a short time in employment. They really can't cope with the real world so go back to uni to do a worthless PhD.

Trouble is they get to be expert advisors to the ODPM etc and make the silly decisions which bring about even sillyer legislation.

It's a pity he's gone away really - this exchange has been most entertaining.
But I guess he has been called in to advise Gordon Brown on something critical to do with the economy. You know how it goes with these top advisors - expert on Part P yesterday, expert on economics today, probably expert on foreign policy tomorrow. Ah, I know, he's going to watch Anatomy tonight at 11 and be a brain surgeon tomorrow.

Panjandrum said:
It's a pity he's gone away really - this exchange has been most entertaining.
But I guess he has been called in to advise Gordon Brown on something critical to do with the economy. You know how it goes with these top advisors - expert on Part P yesterday, expert on economics today, probably expert on foreign policy tomorrow. Ah, I know, he's going to watch Anatomy tonight at 11 and be a brain surgeon tomorrow.
Now that would be interesting, as tonight its about the intestines. Are you saying he talks out his arse ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Sorry, I had no idea of the subject of tonight's programme - in fact I didn't know anything about it until herself mentioned it a while ago.
But that sounds amazingly appropriate!!

Part P Wizard said:
I have not being doing the spell check hence the reason for my spelling errors.

Neither have the rest of us, but we can still check our responses before posting!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back