Part P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friends uncle has bought a pub which he has converted into a house. It has 4 chalets (brick built, in a terrace) which have power already supplying them. If i were to do electrical work in there, would it be subject to being Part P registered? The chalets are classed as business use, so i'm not sure if Part P applies, in regards to signing the work off. I've passed C&G 2360 1+2 so would i be able to legally do the work and sign it off?

Sponsored Links
ml1936 said:
A friends uncle has bought a pub which he has converted into a house.
i.e. a dwelling.

It has 4 chalets (brick built, in a terrace)
Are they also dwellings?

which have power already supplying them.
Do they share their power with, or get it from, the house?

If i were to do electrical work in there, would it be subject to being Part P registered?
It looks possible.

The chalets are classed as business use,
Business use, or business council charge?

so i'm not sure if Part P applies,
If the chalets are dwellings, yes.

If the chalets are anything whatsoever, and get their power from the house, yes.

in regards to signing the work off. I've passed C&G 2360 1+2 so would i be able to legally do the work and sign it off?
You will not be able to certify compliance with the Building Regs if the work is notifiable. If the work is not notifiable then it's down to you whether you feel competent to issue EICs/MWCs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back