Paste the wall paper advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have decided on paste the wall lining paper and wallpaper. Partly as I have no pasting table and believe hanging it dry will give me more time and flexibility in getting a better job done.
Im trying to get the know how to do the job with confidance. One thing im questioning is hanging the paper and smoothing it out if the wall is pasted. When I smooth out the paper from inside to out, surely the brush will just drag the paste back onto the paper. Any tips to avoid this.

I would rather do it this way the paste the paper as I personaly believe it will be easier.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I hang paste the wall(ptw) paper a lot of the time and in fact always urge the customer to consider it. Most of the better quality papers are ptw anyway.
Yes a bit of paste can get dragged onto the paper, but if you give the length a sponge down immediately (without scrubbing) with clean water, you should be fine. I have certainly never found it to be an issue.
I find ptw much quicker and less messy.

Paste the wall just an inch or so past the edge of each length of paper to minimise the chance of picking up excess adhesive with the brush. As you brush out any bubbles towards the edges, slow down and carefully, with the bristles of the brush facing the edge of the paper, ease the bubble out.
It is still possilble you might end up with a little paste on the brush but rub it into a clean dry cloth and it shouldn't cause a mess on the paper. When you butt the next piece of paper up to the previous piece, ensure you wipe away any paste residue that may get onto the face of the paper immediately with a damp sponge.

That's how I do it, anyway. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back