Patio and air bricks

I just saw them now, thanks, looks really good. Agree with one of the comments, I perhaps as a home owner would have added a few more things, a bit plane, but looks good.

Could you pls give me an idea of cost of the patio for something of the size you did?
Also how deep was your sub base, hard core etc?
The job cost aboot £11k.
This involved a 25m long blue brick retaining wall plus steps with solid blue headers.
Land drain to wall base plus 1.5 tonnes of pea gravel.
Storm drainage fitted to an existing storm soak-away via a new inspection chamber.
60 tons of top soil dug out.
88 tons of compacted stone brought in, varying from 700mm down to 225mm, compacted using a heavy ride on roller.
410 x 600mm x 600mm x 38mm concrete slabs.
12 tonnes of screed sand.
3.5 tonnes of cement.
4 cubic metres of concrete and pump hire.
Digger and dumper hire.
Fitting of existing wrought iron gates.
Lots of grunting from me.

Sponsored Links
So looking at the image of my "later to be patio" with all the bricks/rubble taken from the demolishing of internal walls in the house, we could use that as our hard core (all smashed up of course) instead of compacted stones etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back