patio doors

A dwarf also stood in the patio opening will make that some door
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
russellsmiler,

You’re just coming across as an arrogant cock now. You asked if people would be OK with it, whilst there are no BC restrictions they have offered their opinions and some think it’s ridiculous, so what? Don’t bother asking for opinions next time.

There are many taller members of society who would not entertain buying your house as it has a low head height. Personally I would not necessarily agree that devaluation is likely, you are undoubtedly restricting your share of buyers though.

ok, I do apologise for any arrogance that i may be transmitting.

I didnt realise what sort of reponses i would get.

Without going into huge amounts of detail, that is what i will have as a opening...im worried that by time i have finished I will have a door (clear height ) of around 1770mm (this is low I know) anyone had anything this low installed before, and can say that they are ok with it!??

Russell

Given that you were (rightly) concerned about the low head height in your original post I can't really understand why you would get so upset that most on here have actually agreed with you that it is too low. In practical terms the door will be avoided by most as even shorties (like my wife) would still be inclined to duck as they walk through, making it a waste of time and money fitting in the first place.

If you think you're not going to like the answers, you shouldn't ask the question!

You would be well advised to follow some of the advice given previously and redesign so that you have a perfectly useable door. Your concerns about it looking like a pig's ear are unfounded (except in your eyes).

Sponsored Links
Given that you were (rightly) concerned about the low head height in your original post I can't really understand why you would get so upset that most on here have actually agreed with you that it is too low. In practical terms the door will be avoided by most as even shorties (like my wife) would still be inclined to duck as they walk through, making it a waste of time and money fitting in the first place.

If you think you're not going to like the answers, you shouldn't ask the question!

You would be well advised to follow some of the advice given previously and redesign so that you have a perfectly useable door. Your concerns about it looking like a pig's ear are unfounded (except in your eyes).
Well it won’t be avoided by the occupants, they will just learn to live with it, there may be a few bumps on the head at the beginning and undoubtedly with visitors and some buyers will be put off but so be it.

He will get plenty of offers when he brings the price down or devalues it. :rolleyes:

Having an opening that low is bonkers and can have a negative effect upon the usage of the doorway.

An average person like me (5'- 11ish) would brick up the bottom courses and put a window there. It would still be pants though having to stoop to look out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back