paving probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am replacing my patio and i have taken up the old slabs, the ground under them is quite firm and i will be ok to lay new slabs there but the ground over the whole area although firm is not level it undulates....only slightly but it does, firstly do you think its necessary for it to be level, the old slabs were there and they were ok just a bit naff and old fashioned, if i do need to level it can anyone suggest the best way to do it please, never done this before and not sure where to start
thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
A bit of sharp sand and screed it level with a plank/piece of timber the width of the area to be covered. Have someone at each end of the plank and pull it the length of the patio. Best to have a bit of sand (>25mm) even on the high spots. You could drop two say 50mm timbers to act as depth gauges to bull the plank on (one each side), if it makes life easier.

Hope this makes sense?

check out paving expert. com its very comprehensive guide to all types of paving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back