paving slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am block paving a patio about 8m in width and need to drain this water towards a drain, lot of which runs off the clay garden.
could anyone advise me the minimum slope i should use in order to get the water to drain away.
i have a digital spirit level that will read 1.2 (for example).
apart from not putting enough slope in, if i put too much in by the time i get my block paving to the drain it could be several inches below it and it cant be lowered?
thanks

Sponsored Links
My paving slopes at about 1-150, if I was doing it again I'd go 1-200.

anyone know what that quates to as an angle?

Sponsored Links
thanks
noseall - would you go for 150 or 200?

I would'nt bother with the actual angle, if you set an angle on your level and somehow lose the setting you could end up in a right mess.

Try this, say your level is 1000mm long, for 1-150 fix a 7mm [5mm for 1-200] spacer to one end of the level, then securely fix the level to a straight edge.

This way all you have to keep an eye on is that the level is always indicating zero, as long as it does you know you are maintaining your chosen fall.

1 in 150 (or 200) seems very shallow to me. I would say 1 in 80 would be needed to create reasonable surface drainage.

I'm getting a curb dropped and the council indicated that my drive way should slope no more than 1:10

Could someone please explain what that means and how it is measured?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back